View a list of all probe requests captured over time
View a list of all mac addresses collected from captured probe requests
View a list of all network ssids captured from requests
GitHub RepoKevBurnsJr / probe-hawk
Welcome to my little side project.
This application is a proof of concept for probe request capture, logging and display.
Data displayed on this site was captured from a portable device in a tree in my front yard.
I live on a busy street, so I'm seeing about 2500 unique devices per day.
- TP-Link TL-MR3040 portable router in sta mode connected to local wifi
- OpenWRT Chaos Calmer 15.05.1
- 4 port USB hub since the router only has 1 USB port
- Ralink RT5370 USB wifi adapter in monitor mode
- 16Gb USB Dongle filesystem overlay
- 16500 mAh Battery i have two of these and I swap them every 12 hours or so
- tcpdump -l -i wlan0 -tttt -e -s 256 type mgt subtype probe-req
- curl -X POST -d "$line" "http://probe.hky.me/etc..."
- Centos 6 VPS on Digital Ocean
- NodeJS 400 lines of really simple Express
- MySQL 5 tables
- HTML 5
This data is "live" in the sense that it is being continually fed from the agent to the server.
If you refresh the page, you will get new results.